Can you believe it has been 25 years since The Goonies?
The Astoria-Warrenton Chamber of Commerce is planning a 25th anniversary celebration in honor of the movie’s original 1985 release. It’s been 25 years since The Goonies first hit the silver screen, but die-hard fans still show up in Astoria, Ore., to tour the coastal town that served as one of the movie’s primary locations. In tribute to the film’s long-lasting popularity and loyal cult following, the Astoria-Warrenton Chamber of Commerce is planning a 25th anniversary celebration in honor of the movie’s original 1985 release.
Scheduled for June 4-7, 2010, the anniversary schedule currently includes:
* Bus tours to several movie locations, including the opportunity to step inside “The Goonies’ House,” the Clatsop County Jail and other featured locales
* Stars from the movie signing autographs and meeting fans
* Showings of The Goonies at local movie theaters
* A Goonies-themed concert at Warren Field
* An ‘80s night in Astoria with bowling at “Chunk’s Bowling Alley,” costumes, trivia and more
* Commemorative Goonies craft beers from local breweries
Weekend passes and individual tickets to various events will be available. As planning continues, additional detail about anniversary events will be posted on the Astoria-Warrenton website. For more information, visitors may contact the Astoria-Warrenton Area Chamber of Commerce at 800.875.6807.