What’s a great way to celebrate the 43rd annual Earth Day this Sunday, April 22?
The benefits of walking have been well-documented:
- It’s good exercise that benefits your heart, circulation, respiratory system and muscle tone;
- It gets you around without polluting the environment;
- It allows you to really get to know the world around you. (How many times have you been walking and said, “I’ve never seen that before!”)
Around here, walking is a way of life. We’ve discovered some amazingly interesting walks and put them together into some great tours like:
- the Best of Portland, which features all of the great things that make Portland such a livable, sustainable city;
- Underground Portland – “the other side of the story”
- Beyond Bizarre, for those who prefer the wacky/creepy/night-crawling types of walks, and
- the Epicurean Excursion, featuring fresh, local, organic, sustainable and seasonal foods.
All of those are running today, by the way. And for the weekend we add the deliciously indulgent Chocolate Decadence tour.
Great Earth Day ideas, no? Fun AND healthy. Win, win!