Since everyone else is making new year’s resolutions, we thought we’d join in the fun for 2013.
Our resolution – and we hope you’ll join us in this – is to walk more.
Yes, even WE need to walk more. And there are so many great benefits of walking:
- Walking is great exercise. It improves circulation, strengthens the heart, tones the muscles, and overall makes you healthier.
- By walking, you experience the city and your surroundings better. You can:
- smell the delicious aromas from great bakeries,
- taste the fresh air,
- discover the amazing hidden gems of Portland like drinking chocolate and aged balsamic vinegar
- hear the music played on every street corner,
- see the city’s colors up close (like that silver-painted mime guy or the bagpipe-playing unicyclist at the waterfront).
- And, you get to see – really see – the city. For instance, if you’re driving, you might see this:
- But if you’re walking, you’ll see this:
Isn’t that better?
See why we love walking?
Happy 2013, Portland!