Unless noted within, the entire contents of this website are © Copyright 2002-2013 Hometown Advantage LLC (dba Portland Walking Tours). All Rights Reserved Worldwide.
Some print photos are used with permission of Doniree Walker (nomadicfoodie.com). Some web photos are used with permission or via Creative Commons Attribution from Doniree Walker (nomadicfoodie.com), Ian Sane (http://www.flickr.com/photos/31246066@N04/), Eileen Hiromura (flickr.com/photos/eieioio), Sara M. Sellards (flickr.com/photos/saramarie), Jessica Spiegel (flickr.com/photos/andiamo), Lucius Kwok (flickr.com/photos/luciuskwok), Garrick Ramirez (flickr.com/photos/amygarrick), Richard Eriksson (flickr.com/photos/sillygwailo), Delina Pryce McPhaull (flickr.com/photos/mcpryce), Stephanie Monk (flickr.com/photos/stefohnee), Rachael (flickr.com/photos/rachaelj), Marie Diamond (flickr.com/photos/m-gem), Lisa DiVenti (flickr.com/photos/lesamonster), and Catherine (flickr.com/photos/cathrund). Our Navigation bar menus are copyright Stu Nicholls. Some of the icons used on the website are copyright famfamfam.com. Map courtesy of Things to See & Do brochure.
Portions of the site’s materials may be printed or downloaded strictly for non-commercial use, provided that you agree not to change or delete any copyright or proprietary notices from the materials.
Ticket Delivery MethodsOnce you've processed payment for your desired tour product / products you'll be presented with a voucher which you will be required to show at the time you check in or when you join your Tour. If you have not received a voucher after fully booking your tour of which payment was processed please conduct us at 1-503-774-4522.
Refund PolicyPortland Walking Tours will refund the full amount of the purchase price when a customer cancelled their bookings 48 hours prior to their tour purchase date. To cancel please contact our reservation center directly at 1-503-774-4522. We are available 7 days a week from 8AM to 6PM Pacific Time.
Change Tour Date/TimeIf you wish to change the date or time of your tour (with at least 72 hours notice prior to your tour date) you can also do so by calling us. If you have already checked in for the tour with one of our staff members and you decide you need to separate from us for bathroom, coffee or whatever - - the tour is still going to depart on-time without you. Sorry, no refunds for those that separate from the tour or fail to comply with our tour departure times.
Our Commitment to SecurityWe have put in place appropriate physical, electronic, and managerial procedures to safeguard and help prevent unauthorized access, maintain data security, and correctly use the information we collect online include, but not limited to, Merchant Level 3 PCI Compliance and validation.
PLEASE READ THIS USER AGREEMENT AND THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY BEFORE USING THIS SITE. Your use of this site is expressly conditioned on your acceptance of the following terms and conditions. By using this site, you signify your assent to these terms and conditions. If you do not agree with any part of the following terms and conditions, you must not use this site.
2. Types of Information Collected and Uses of Collected Information We collect two types of information about our Website Users: Personally Identifiable Information and Non-Personally Identifiable Information.
We use Non-Personally Identifiable Information to troubleshoot, administer the Website, analyze trends, gather demographic information, comply with applicable law, and cooperate with law enforcement activities. We may also share this information with our Third party service providers and Advertisers to measure the overall effectiveness of our online advertising, content, and programming.
3. Release of Personally Identifiable Information We will not share, sell, rent, or trade your Personally Identifiable Information with other parties except as provided below:
We may share your information with Third Party Service Providers. We provide some services through third parties. These third party service providers perform functions on our behalf, like sending out and distributing our administrative and promotional emails. We may share your Personally Identifiable Information with such Service Providers to complete reservation orders, send email, remove repetitive information on customer lists, analyze data, provide marketing assistance, provide search results and links, process credit card payments, operate the Website, troubleshoot, and provide customer service.
Third party service providers may also release your information to accomplish our administrative tasks. For example, when you order a service, we direct you to a third party service provider. The third party service provider will then release your credit card information to the card-issuing bank to confirm payment for the service. We encourage third party service providers to adopt and post privacy policies. However, the use of your Personally Identifiable Information by such parties is governed by the privacy policies of such parties and is not subject to our control.
4. Release of Non-Personally Identifiable Information We use third party service providers to track and analyze Non-Personally Identifiable usage and volume statistical information from our Users to administer our Website and constantly improve its quality. We may also publish this information for promotional purposes or as a representative audience for Advertisers. Please note that this is not Personally Identifiable Information, only general summaries of the activities of our Users.
5. Updating and Correcting Information We believe that you should have the ability to access and edit the Personally Identifiable Information you provide us. You may change any of your Personally Identifiable Information by sending us an email at info at portlandwalkingtours.com. Please indicate your name, address and email address, and what information you would like to update when you contact us.
6. User Choices on Collection and Use of Information As discussed above, you can always choose not to provide information, although it may be required to engage in a certain activity on the Website.
After you purchase a tour, we will send you Administrative and Promotional emails. You cannot opt-out of Administrative Emails. “Administrative Emails” relate to a User’s activity on the Website. You can opt-out of Promotional Emails. Promotional Emails advertise our products and services, including exclusive sales and other offers, and/or the products and services of our Advertisers and Affiliates. If you do not want to receive Promotional Emails from us, you may elect to opt-out of receiving Promotional Emails at any time by e-mailing us at info at portlandwalkingtours.com or by hitting the “unsubscribe” button at the bottom of any of our e-mails. When contacting us, please indicate your name, email address, and what Promotional Emails you do not want to receive.
7. Security of Information Unfortunately, no data transmission over the Internet or any wireless network can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. As a result, while we employ commercially reasonable security measures to protect data and seek to partner with companies which do the same, we cannot guarantee the security of any information transmitted to or from the Website, and are not responsible for the actions of any third parties that may receive any such information.
Other Tracking Devices. We may use other industry standard technologies like pixel tags and web beacons to track your use of our Website pages and promotions, or we may allow our third party service providers to use these devices on our behalf. Pixel tags and web beacons are tiny graphic images placed on certain pages on our Website, or in our emails that allow us to determine whether you have performed a specific action. When you access these pages or open or click an email, pixel tags and web beacons generate a Non-Personally Identifiable notice of that action. Pixel tags allow us to measure and improve our understanding of visitor traffic and behavior on our Website, as well as give us a way to measure our promotions and performance. We may also utilize pixel tags and web beacons provided by our Affiliates and/or Marketing Partners for the same purposes.
10. Other Privacy Issues Minors under the age of 13 may not use the Website. We do not knowingly collect personal information from anyone under the age of 13, and no part of the Website is designed to attract anyone under the age of 13. Portland Walking Tours does not provide services for purchase by anyone under the age of 18. Portland Walking Tours allows adults to reserve and purchase tour slots for children. If you are a parent or guardian with reason to believe a child 13 years or younger under your care may have contributed Personally Identifiable Information to this Website, please contact us at info at portlandwalkingtours.com, and we will delete this information.
Public Areas. We may provide areas on our Website where you can publicly post information about yourself and communicate with others such as comments on our blog. This information may be accessible by other consumers and companies and may appear on other websites or web searches, and therefore this information could be read, collected, and used by others. For example, if you post your email address along with a public blog comment, you may receive unsolicited messages. We have no control over who reads your postings or what other users may do with the information you voluntarily post, so please use caution when posting any personal information. We do obtain consent from our users to post their name along with their reviews.
Notice of Privacy Rights to Oregon Residents. Oregon law requires that we provide Oregon residents with a summary of their privacy rights under the Oregon Online Privacy Protection Act (the “Act”) and the Oregon Business and Professions Code. As required by the Act, we will provide Oregon residents with the categories of Personally Identifiable Information that we collect through the Website and the categories of third party persons or entities with whom such Personally Identifiable Information may be shared for direct marketing purposes at their request. Oregon law requires us, by request, to inform Oregon residents of: (1) the categories of Personally Identifiable Information we collect and what third parties we share that information with; (2) the names and addresses of those third parties; and (3) examples of the products marketed by those companies. The Act further requires us to allow Oregon residents to control who whom that information is shared. To obtain this information, please send a request by email or standard mail to the address found at [insert link to “contact us”]. When contacting us, please indicate your name, address, email address, and what Personally Identifiable Information you do not want us to share with Affiliated Businesses or Marketing Partners. The request should be sent to the attention of our legal department, and labeled “Oregon Customer Choice Notice.” Please allow 30 days for a response. Also, please note that there is no charge for controlling the sharing of Oregon residents’ Personally Identifiable Information or requesting this notice.
About Portland Walking Tours: We create and exhibit multimedia tour experiences that share the architecture, history and culture of Portland with visitors and locals. We offer walking tours to the public, and specialize in private tours and group travel for company team-building, corporate outings, birthday parties, educational student field trips, family reunions, and other special events. We are said to offer some of the best architectural walking tours in the city. Contact us for corporate team building ideas, too!