Tours: We Got Tipsy in Portland
For the first time ever in a single tour…mixology…wine…cider…beer…distilled spirits…cocktails…tasty snacks…and more eye-openers await, as we dive into Portland's many liquid assets. Come discover the many hidden inside stories and pick up some tips and tricks for choosing the best for your own personal palate. We recommend this tour to tourists and locals alike since we surprise everyone along the way.
How did Oregon beat top French and California wines in a French-run competition? Why do beer lovers flock to Portland for our 70+ craft breweries? What's all the hubbub over all these fancy cocktails, mixologist, and handmade hard cider locations? Is it true that there are over a dozen local award-winning craft distilleries and almost more than double that on the way? We have the answers!
This fun and fascinating tour is about tasting the best Portland has to offer while gaining a new appreciation for the development, creation, and fermentation of our favorite libations. So, if you're looking for a drunken frat pub crawl trying to get an intense buzz going, you may want to look elsewhere as this tour is for adults only. Like others that have taken this tour, you'll be able to impress your friends with your sommelier-like knowledge that isn’t just about vino, but the hard stuff, too.
Sip, sip, hooray! We visit multiple local spots with different offerings that will be sure to please everyone's tastes and you’ll love the relaxed pace and the comfort of sitting down at a few stops of this tour. Since we insist on keeping groups small, this tour sells out regularly so be sure to buy tickets now.
Tour Dates & Times
Fridays and Saturdays at 1:30 PM
Meet your guide under Pioneer Square (701 SW 6th Ave at Yamhill St) indoors at the Theater Under The Square.
Convenient covered parking located at Smartpark on SW 10th & Yamhill.
About 3 hours
Less than 1 ½ miles (no hills, 15 steps)
This tour regularly sells out (since each group is limited in size), so buy your tickets now.
Prices and Buy Tickets Now
$79(Buy now to unlock frequent online-only sale discounts!)
- This tour is only for those who can legally imbibe (21+ years old)
Topics To Toast To
These are the things you'll discover with us:
- How alcohol shaped early Portland and how it continues to influence Portland's history.
- Portland’s Liquid Assets (craft brews, wines, distilled spirits, hard ciders, cocktails, and - of course - our rainwater).
- How much you'll love what we serve up with a drink or two or three and more.
- Laugh at the absurd stories of how Portlanders handled Prohibition
- Visit the best and skip the rest - The places we visit are all handpicked and curated by our resident experts. There's no sales pitches because we only use the best ethical locations that care about their craft and love to share it with others.
- When Henry Weinhard once attempted to pump free beer through a public fountain.
- Why the movie "Sideways" declared that Pinot is not just more desirable, but also more drinkable than other grapes.
- How the Oregon territories tried - and failed - at Prohibition 75 years before the U.S.
- Drink a little more and laugh a lot harder.
- Why the top two grapes grown in Oregon - Pinot Noir and Pinot Gris are finicky and difficult to grow.
- And much, much more.